INTERNET SECURITY – CHECKLIST
Be familiar with the terms & Common threats
- Become more familiar with the general terms
- Understand in broad terms, what they mean and what you can do to prevent attacks
- Become familiar with the terms (ransomware, malware, phishing, etc.) and raise awareness across the business.
Challenge the source of your IT Provision
- Ask your IT Provider to provide you with assurances that all these elements and others not expressly covered in week one’s paper are being addressed
- Does your IT Provider have evidence that they themselves are protected against cyber threats?
- Ask your IT Provider to evidence effective cyber threat protection measures. Are they independently audited? What were the findings?
- You can control the physical environment in which you work
- Sign in and sign out paper files and removable media
- Destroy / Shred all paper where the personal data has been saved to systems
- Control those who may operate within your business temporarily
- Only give access to staff who need access to certain areas of the business, including locked areas of the business.
Training and Awareness
- Keep all staff up to date
- Raise awareness and keep staff trained and retrained around cyber terms and the main threats
- Employ best practices across the whole business.
- Any personal information must be transmitted securely
- Secure email and peer-to-peer (portal) should be utilised.
Our Cyber Security Month is Supported By Our Sponsors
Beyond Encryption is the industry standard for secure digital communications, working with major household brands such as Aegon, HSBC, Royal London, Origo, Paragon Customer Communication and Westcoast Cloud.
We’ve built the world’s most secure encrypted communications network, protecting and connecting advisers, providers and platforms throughout financial services and other aligning industries with our secure email solution, Mailock.
Mailock is our versatile software platform, enabling organisations to send customer communication securely via email. Mailock protects sensitive data through end-to-end encryption and multi-factor authentication capabilities, helping our customers to remain compliant, reduce costs, and improve operational efficiencies – not to mention achieving a positive environmental impact through the reduction of print, pack, and post.
With nearly 100,000 customers across 1.8k companies, we give organisations the freedom to exchange information confidently, cost-effectively, and with full compliance, supporting businesses on their digital transformation journey.
Westcoast Cloud are a pureplay cloud distribution partner, enabling over 750 partners to make the most of public cloud services, and the associated security that is needed to support their use.
From email security, anti-phishing software for Microsoft365, to advanced tools and security for Microsoft Azure, we educate and train partners to be able to provide the best-in-class Microsoft security solutions to over 34,000 end user customers.
Alongside these tools we partner with best in breed solutions such as Beyond Encryption. This ensures markets that need that extra layer of security such as financial services and legal organisations, can stop potential attacks and disrupters accessing your customer information without your knowledge. With Beyond Encryptions advanced toolset, customers can control, manage, and maintain the security layers around their emails to ensure that the right information is reaching the right people all the time.