TRAINING, AUDITS/REVIEWS, CYBER INSURANCE, PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES – CHECKLIST
Understand the measures you can take to help create a best-practice environment.
- Consistent application across these key areas will directly help reduce the impact of cyber threats.
- Appropriate permissions are given only to each member of staff.
- Regular reviews of permissions and enforcing a strict process that controls joiners, leavers, and changing of roles are in place.
- Invest in ongoing training to ensure that everyone understands their responsibilities in respect of cyber security
- Create a schedule for training and refresher training
- Appoint someone to oversee the cyber security of the business.
- Is your IT provision accredited? Do they provide you with a regular status update against all potential areas of cyber security breaches?
- Where no automated capability exists, ensure that the appropriate staff are trained to carry out the required software updates.
- A regular annual audit of all your software is recommended.
- Utilise Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Manage the working environment at the Office and at Home
- Ensure that the employment standards expected in the office space apply equally at home.
- Ensure the point(s) at which communication begins with the outside of your organisation is as secure as it can be. This means ensuring that you are employing best practices around email and communication in particular.
Email Best Practice
- Allow the author of the email to send the email securely at the point of origin.
- Always use a secure channel whenever any personal data is sent.
- Consider Cyber Insurance to help protect against all the potential consequences of a cyber breach.
Seek professional IT help
- If needed and ensure you review your processes and procedures regularly. Seek professional help if you are in any doubt.
Our Cyber Security Month is Supported By Our Sponsors
Beyond Encryption is the industry standard for secure digital communications, working with major household brands such as Aegon, HSBC, Royal London, Origo, Paragon Customer Communication and Westcoast Cloud.
We’ve built the world’s most secure encrypted communications network, protecting and connecting advisers, providers and platforms throughout financial services and other aligning industries with our secure email solution, Mailock.
Mailock is our versatile software platform, enabling organisations to send customer communication securely via email. Mailock protects sensitive data through end-to-end encryption and multi-factor authentication capabilities, helping our customers to remain compliant, reduce costs, and improve operational efficiencies – not to mention achieving a positive environmental impact through the reduction of print, pack, and post.
With nearly 100,000 customers across 1.8k companies, we give organisations the freedom to exchange information confidently, cost-effectively, and with full compliance, supporting businesses on their digital transformation journey.
Westcoast Cloud are a pureplay cloud distribution partner, enabling over 750 partners to make the most of public cloud services, and the associated security that is needed to support their use.
From email security, anti-phishing software for Microsoft365, to advanced tools and security for Microsoft Azure, we educate and train partners to be able to provide the best-in-class Microsoft security solutions to over 34,000 end user customers.
Alongside these tools we partner with best in breed solutions such as Beyond Encryption. This ensures markets that need that extra layer of security such as financial services and legal organisations, can stop potential attacks and disrupters accessing your customer information without your knowledge. With Beyond Encryptions advanced toolset, customers can control, manage, and maintain the security layers around their emails to ensure that the right information is reaching the right people all the time.